FAQ How To Get Started
Getting started with Daily.Online video
Don't upload anyone else's copyrighted video. It is against our terms of service.
Create a user account and verify it via email.
Note: If you have your videos on another site (such as YouTube) then you can login there and download the MP4 file. Then login to your account on Daily.Online Video and upload it here. Your video (as long as it's MP4 format) should upload and play here without any problems.
Create your video. We recommend keeping it short (under 5 minutes). WHY? studies show the average video length online is just over 4 minutes. People want the video fast. Often on a mobile device.
Video formats supported are:
You can publish any format but web browsers don't play all of them, and formats such as Flash don't play on many mobile devices. So we require MP4, since it plays on all devices. You'd like your video to be seen right?
Format (container): MP4
- No Edit Lists (or the video might not get processed correctly)
- moov atom at the front of the file (Fast Start)
Audio codec: AAC-LC
- Channels: Stereo or Stereo + 5.1
- Sample rate 96khz or 48khz
Video codec: H.264
- Progressive scan (no interlacing)
- High Profile
- 2 consecutive B frames
- Closed GOP. GOP of half the frame rate.
- Variable bitrate. No bitrate limit required, though we offer recommended bit rates below for reference
- Chroma subsampling: 4:2:0
- Content should be encoded and uploaded in the same frame rate it was recorded.
- Common frame rates include: 24, 25, 30, 48, 50, 60 frames per second (other frame rates are also acceptable).
- Interlaced content should be deinterlaced before uploading. For example, 1080i60 content should be deinterlaced to 1080p30, going from 60 interlaced fields per second to 30 progressive frames per second.
Note that the bitrates below are recommendations for uploads. Audio playback bitrate is not related to video resolution.
Recommended video bitrates for uploads
|Type||Video Bitrate, Standard Frame Rate|
(24, 25, 30)
|Video Bitrate, High Frame Rate|
(48, 50, 60)
|2160p (4k)||35-45 Mbps||53-68 Mbps|
|1440p (2k)||16 Mbps||24 Mbps|
|1080p||8 Mbps||12 Mbps|
|720p||5 Mbps||7.5 Mbps|
|480p||2.5 Mbps||4 Mbps|
|360p||1 Mbps||1.5 Mbps|
Recommended audio bitrates for uploads
If you are on a Mac then open your .MOV (Quicktime) file in iMovie and the SAVE IT AS MP4 with above settings. Quicktime Pro also does this.
For Windows users and others who have videos in various formats then convert them to MP4.
If your videos are in a MOV, WMV or other format then convert them to MP4. Here's a free software program that does that for you:
Video tutorial on how to use Format Factory: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0dP7PGN4jjE
Note: when installing the above program UNTICK the boxes that want to add other programs or search additions, etc. These are not required and will alter your browser and generally annoy you.
How to import videos from YouTube and other sites
When I import a video from Youtube, is it actually downloaded to my user account?
No. The imported videos are always streamed from their original location.
How to import from YouTube, Vimeo and other supported sources:
1. Login and click the Suggest video link in upper right corner
2. Copy the link from YouTube or another supported site and paste it in the video URL box
3. After pasting you should see the title, description and thumbnail automatically appear on the page you are on
4. Select a category the video belongs in
5. That's it. Clicking SUBMIT just tests to see you have done everything correct. If not then it will show you what needs to be corrected (usually you forgot to select a category).
6. Check this page http://daily.online/newvideos.html to see if your new video is there
7. Don't forget to have some fun
NOTE: IF YOU ARE HAVING ISSUES WITH FORMAT OR APPLICATIONS THAT CONVERT HERE'S AN ALTERNATIVE METHOD TO GET FORMAT CORRECT:
If you are having trouble with video format the simplest thing to do is upload the video to YouTube and let their system make the file MP4 and ready for online playback.
1) sign into youtube
2) upload your video file (set to unlisted if you want)
3) wait for youtube to process your video. It is cleaning your file and making it optimal for online playback.
4) when it says "DONE" then click the VIDEO MANAGER button on YouTube
5) At the top will be your file you just uploaded there
6) click the down arrow next to EDIT...it will show a menu next to the video and then select "DOWNLOAD MP4 FILE"
Then upload it to Daily.Online Video:
a) once downloaded on your computer then go to upload on Before It's News Video
b) Select your downloaded file
c) let it upload completely, don't click off or cancel
d) Once uploaded you will see a confirmation message
e) Create the title, description